Posts tagged believe.
That I am the way I am because a vicious spell was cast upon me. I have been turned into a monster that thrives in pain and deceit. Feeding on false reassurances and grandiose delusions, I wallow in a pit of self-doubt and despair. I tear off any sign of deliverance with my bare teeth and gnaw at it until I lose all hope. I believe that this is not who I really am and that this curse can be broken. I’m just waiting for anyone brave enough to come and try to save me.
I’d like to believe that for all the harm I’ve caused, I’ve also done some good. Maybe the angels need a sharp sword too.
- Kris Kringle: You think I'm a fraud, don't you?
- Dorey Walker: Fraud is a bit too strong of a word.
- Kris Kringle: But you don't believe in me.
- Dorey Walker: I believe that Christmas is for children.
- Kris Kringle: Well your daughter doesn't believe in me, either.
- Dorey Walker: I don't think that there's any harm in not believing in a figure that many do acknowledge to be a fiction.
- Kris Kringle: Oh, but there is. I'm not just a whimsical figure who wears a charming suit and affects a jolly demeanor. You know, I... I... I'm a symbol. I'm a symbol of the human ability to be able to suppress the selfish and hateful tendencies that rule the major part of our lives. If... you can't believe, if you can't accept anything on faith, then you're doomed for a life dominated by doubt.
You have to believe. Otherwise, it will never happen.
Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.
Be brave, my sweet. I know you can get lonely. I know you can crave companionship and sex and love so badly that it physically hurts. But I truly believe that the only way you can find out that there’s something better out there is to first believe there’s something better out there. What other choice is there?
- He’s Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys, Greg Behrendt & Liz Tuccillo